500g strong white flour
125g cold full fat milk
10g dried yeast or 20g fresh yeast
50g caster sugar
55g egg (1 small)
eggwash - 1 egg with a pinch of salt
* Make the dough the day before and rest in the fridge
* Mix the dry ingredients then add all the wet ingredients except the butter and work into a dough
* Cut a cross in the centre of the dough ball and cover and rest for an hour
* Flour surface and take the dough - starting at the centre where the cross is
roll out the four corners to make a square shape,
* Flatten the cold butter and place in the centre then fold over the four sides
* Roll out into a rectangle, fold into thirds and leave to rest for 15 mins. Then repeat.
Roll dough to 4mm thick and cut into strips 20 cm wide, using large knife cut into triangles.
Starting at the long side roll up each triangle and place on a baking sheet - cover and prove for 2 hours
eggwash and bake at 220C for 18- 20 mins