350g soft brown sugar
100g plain flour
3 drops vanilla essence
2 Tsp Baking powder
75g Hazelnuts / Raisins or other nut of your choice
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl above a pot of steaming water
- Whisk the sugar and eggs till light and fluffy - 5 mins in the Kitchen aid mixer with whisk attachment, add vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter in a steady stream using a large spoon to fold in with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Add your choice of nuts or just leave plain
- cook in a lined shallow tray at 170C for 20 minutes
- Cool completely before trying to remove and cut